Ever since the development of memory foam technology by NASA, its proliferation in mattresses has propelled it into a large industry. With this growing use of memory foam technology in mattresses comes a wide range of options and an even more confusing array of brands and styles that make it harder and harder to know what to choose. So here’s one choice that could make it easier for you to decide: The Select Luxury Gel Memory Foam Queen Mattress.
5 Major Pros And Cons Of The Select Gel Memory Foam Mattress
1. With the full capabilities of memory foam, this mattress can provide support and comfort in a balanced way that satisfies you exactly where your body needs it. It is being adopted by many worldwide which is what has led to its initial expensive prices to decrease more and more as time goes on.
2. This mattress has multiple layers of foam with two of them being gel infused which allows for great pressure relief. The technology of the gel is also something that helps to regulate temperature for your benefit. It keeps the mattress cool during the warm nights while retaining heat in the colder nights. This is important as temperature is a major factor of sleep comfort and will determine whether or not you remain comfortable throughout the night.
3. The uppermost layer of foam is what really packs all the comfort. It is the softest layer of the mattress and helps to really cradle your body which can be especially comfortable for those who lay on their backs. It mitigates the need to toss and turn as it relieves the pressure from your joints causing a near cloud like feeling while you rest.
4. A most unique feature of this mattress is its thickness. A 12-inch memory foam mattress is what is generally regarded as thick. The Select Luxury Gel Memory Foam Queen Mattress, however, is an astounding 14 inches. As for the general idea of “more thickness equals more foam” one can rest assured that this is definitely true with the Select Luxury Memory Foam Mattress. However, as pointed out by the leading memory foam mattress review titled Top 10 BEST Memory Foam Mattresses Announced by Bedroom Solutions, thicker the memory foam mattress, the softer it becomes. Therefore, although it is suitable for side-sleepers, it cannot be recommended for those who sleep on their backs and stomachs.
5. The gel memory foam has 2.5 pounds of density. The two top layers are both memory foam but the top one is not infused with gel. They are both supported underneath by 11 inches of supportive base foam that assists with the comfort but more operationally it functions as the support for the mattress allowing it to be not only comfortable but also resistant and supportive in areas that need to be.
As you can see, the 14 inch gel memory foam mattress from ‘Select’ has many advantages, however, also has a couple of disadvantages in that it is heavy and is too soft. Now that you are aware of these pros and cons, you can make an educated decision on whether you should go with this mattress or not.